The College has a lively and innovative research environment at campuses in both Exeter and Cornwall, which supports a diverse postgraduate community of over 650 taught and research students. As a postgraduate student in the College you will be part of this thriving community, benefiting from quality research-led supervision and access to outstanding facilities.
- Research excellence across our disciplines including world-leading research in many fields
- Wide ranging supervision for PhD study across our core disciplines and exciting areas of interdisciplinary research
- Numerous funding opportunities, including PhD studentships funded by a variety of research councils and partners
- Exemplary facilities for all subjects, including recent major investments in new and refurbished facilities, providing a fantastic learning environment
- Excellent support for postgraduate students including research skills training and dedicated postgraduate facilities
Detailed information about how to apply, postgraduate student support, dedicated facilities, funding opportunities and what it is like to study at Exeter can be found on the University’s Postgraduate research website.
PhD and research degrees
The College offers a broad portfolio of postgraduate degrees, including taught Masters, Masters by Research, MPhil and PhDs, and professional doctorates.
Our PhD and research degrees allow for supervision across a very broad range of specialist fields within and across our core disciplines. Interdisciplinary research with subjects offered elsewhere in the University may also be feasible.
Find out more about our postgraduate opportunities on our subject webpages: