Click Travel user guide
The Click Travel user guide will provide help on how to use the online booking system.
Updating your User Profile
If you are a regular traveller, you will save time by keeping your travel user profile up-to-date. Information such as your passport details and loyalty schemes will be automatically sent through to the supplier when you make your booking. Other information that will default through to the booking screen includes APIS information, seat and meal preferences.
Things to remember
When booking your travel, please remember the following:
- When you confirm your booking, you have made a commitment to pay. You must have approval to travel before you make your booking
- Please do not enter anything in the Purchase Order field
- If you amend or cancel your travel booking, please let your Purchasing Team know as soon as possible quoting your itinerary number
- If the costs of travel needs to be split by several account codes, please contact your Purchasing Team quoting your itinerary number
- Credit cards will not be processed by Click Travel
- Your Click Travel user profile may not allow you to book travel for other staff. Please contact your Purchasing Team for assistance
- Avoid public holidays at your destination as the prices may be higher
- The online booking system should not be used to book Partner or Spouse travel. Arrangements should be made direct with Click Travel as a “companion booking” and make your own arrangements to pay
- Rail tickets booked less than 5 working days before travel can only be posted by special delivery or you can pick them up from a main line station
- You will not be able to pick up rail tickets from either Gatwick or Heathrow airports. Please arrange to collect your tickets from a local main line station
- You will be advised how long flights bookings will held for in the system, generally this is up to 10.00pm the same day
- Rail bookings will only be held for 2 hours
- Rail card discounts can only be applied to one traveller at a time
- Car hire in the UK should be booked through our preferred supplier Enterprise or Thrifty; please contact your Purchasing Team for assistance
- EU grants require that you use a University approved travel management company
Out of hours support
Click Travel assistance is available 24 hours a day. Please call 0844 745 3074 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click Travel transaction fees are cheaper if you use the online booking system.
Rail and hotel transaction fees are free. Air travel transaction fees are £5.00 per online booking.
For more information on Click Travel fees and charges, please contact Procurement Services - email@example.com.
World Airport Codes
World airport codes can be found here - www.world-airport-codes.com.